Monday, July 27, 2009

Son Rock Kids Camp

Wow! We just had a great week of V.B.S. I don't think I have EVER yelled that much in my life for one straight week! I was on a teaching team that was basically a drama team. I played the part of someone who yelled everyday. We repeat each skit 5 times a day. So 20x I was an idiot - all for the sake of Jesus. Many would say I have played that part everyday of my life - I'll take that - proudly. We also raised money for a sponsor child through Compassion. Our goal was $500 and we raised $750. It was a competition of boys vs. girls. Guess who was the sponsor for the boys!!! (I will try to get a picture of the pie in the face I took when on the last day the grand total was boys - $349.?? while the girls raised $400.??) The pie was not tasty since it was made of whipped cream mustard and relish (I hate relish and mustard - why relish and mustard.) But the deed is done! Praise God for opportunities to live for HIM in the most unlikely thought of ways!

No comments: