Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Marriage Moment #2 - Choices

There are so many choices in life. Do you realize how many choices you make in one day alone? I get to choose my cell phone plan. I get to choose which cell phone is “best for me.” I get to choose what I eat for each meal. I get to choose if I want to eat that meal at home or at a restaurant. I get to choose what I wear (whether it matches or not!) I choose whether or not I want to put a purchase on my credit card or wait until I have the money to buy it ‘the old-fashioned-way.’ I choose what time I get up in the morning. I choose what kind of coffee I want to drink or not drink. I choose if I want to go to work. I choose what I want to do for a living. I choose to be in a good mood or not each day I wake up. I choose how I will treat my kids when I see them first thing in the morning. I choose who I want to marry. And I choose if I want to stay married or not!
Marriage is a constant choice! I wake up each and every day and choose to love my wife (after all she has put up with me for all these years.) But what if I decided not to love her for part of the day, would that make a difference? You bet it would. When I choose to love my wife each day, I choose not look online at inappropriate pictures. When I choose to love my wife each day, I choose not to entertain impure thoughts. When I choose to love my wife each day, I choose to look away when things get flashed across the T.V. screen during half-time of the football game. When I choose to love my wife each day, I choose to battle the world around me. Today, I choose to love my wife – I choose go to battle! What about you? Are you ready to choose? Are you ready to battle? Marriage is at war – I am ready!
As long as we are talking about choosing, how about choosing which church to attend? How about choosing Jesus as the ultimate choice? Why not come and see what God is doing at FCC and ‘choose’ whether or not you agree with who we are and how we live? It might just be the RIGHT CHOICE to bless you marriage! God has made the ultimate choice – and HE chooses you! Why not check HIM out?

No comments: